Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Coming Soon to a TV Near You...



I really do miss my weekly watch parties with my friends, where we all curl up in front of the TV with popcorn and live vicariously through the characters of Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. I miss pretending I have a hot boyfriend like McDreamy or a wardrobe like Gabrielle Solis.

But despite my yearning, I do understand (and agree with) the principle behind the writer’s strike. There seems to be a struggle between intellectual property, advances in technology (in terms of sharing) and due compensation. It seems unfair that a writer’s idea can be reproduced ten times over without being compensated. But by the same token, why would I pay $60 at Borders for a Grey’s Anatomy box DVD set, if I can get the same thing for free at ABC.com? There needs to be some happy medium. And I think the answer lies in a pay increase for the writers. (And apparently the two parties finishing up negotiations agree).

Wondering when your favorite TV show is going be back on air? Click here to find out.

1 comment:

Aaron Buchbinder said...

I am a TV Junkie and movie addict. I can not lie about it. If you look at my blog I critique about a lot of TV shows. I felt horrible when my shows were going off the air for the positive side gave me a chance to expand my TV show horizen by viewing other dvd box sets. I am relived the strike is over and can not wait to see the changes that arise from the strike.